Do you ever feel anxious about going to a dining event? More than that, do you often wish you didn’t have to go to that dining event at all?
Do you worry that you won’t know what to do with the maze of cutlery in front of you?
Maybe you kind-of-know what’s going but you’re pretty sure you’re doing more than a couple of things wrong? (Remember, don’t maintain eye contact when you’re taking a sip from your glass- its creepy)
Do you ever get sweaty palms when you think about throwing a dinner party maybe for friends, new friends, work colleagues, your partner’s work colleagues or your boss?
How about using chopsticks? Have you ever been faced with the humiliation of trying to use chopsticks especially when that piece of slippery food drops into your soya sauce and splatters all over your shirt?
Or maybe you just want to feel like the most elegant and in control person around the table because believe it or not, it’s possible.
If you share similar concerns to those above, then you’re definitely ready to take our Entertainment & Dining Course.
What’s super cool about this course is that you will learn all of the following things:
- Things that make you look like an animal at the table
- Things that make you look pretty sensational at the table (I need all the help I can get)
- The simple soup spoon vs the slurp
- Who’s eaten my bread roll and where’s my wine glass gone?
- What is this piece of cutlery even used for?
- Where do I start with this maze of cutlery?
- Can I go caveman style and eat this meal with my hands? (There’s a lot more caveman style meals than you think)
- How do I behave around my boss, client and the dining table?
- How do I (even) entertain clients at a restaurant?
- How do I use these thin sticks they call chopsticks?
- Mmmmmm, this wine tastes good but why is everyone doing a ritual with it?
In other words, you’ll be super cool and confident at every table you find yourself around- you will have all the dining knowledge to work a casual meal, hot shot formal dinner, asian dining and entertaining people in your very own castle- your home. Now you can focus on being the star of the show or the quietly confident person in the corner. It works for everyone!
You’re bound to learn a lot more than you think.
You eat every day of your life; and eating with people is one of your favourite things to do right? (or maybe just mine?) So why not make sure you’re doing it right so that you really soak up the enjoyment of that moment instead of knocking over glasses of red wine.
What’s in the Course:
- How to identify cutlery, what it’s used for and when to use it. (No brushing your hair with a fork like The Little Mermaid- ultimate shame!)
- Things you’ve been doing wrong forever around the table
- The dining do’s and how to give a show stopping performance around the table
- Setting the table for 1, 2 and even 6 meals (the knife is always on the right hand side by the way)
- How to use 14 pieces of cutlery and when you should actually use them. (Outside in, right?)
- Using a finger bowl correctly and not drinking the enticing hot lemon water)
- You’ll learn swanky words like ‘Amuse Bouche’
- How to host fabulous House Parties (and by house parties we mean ‘Dinner Parties’)
- Entertaining your clients or other serious business people
- Things like where do you seat them- away from the toilets should be your first guess
- How do you choose the right restaurant- steakhouses for vegetarians may not work out
- How to indicate that the Lobster Thermidor is way out of your budget range without looking like a pauper
- Avoid the awkward moment when the bill arrives, better yet, just don’t let the bill come to the table
- Chopsticks! No more looking like you’re trying to tame a praying mantis
- Dining in an asian restaurant- did you know that flipping your fish over to retrieve the underside of the fish fillet means that you wish the boat that caught the fish will flip over? That might be the end of that new friendship
How the Course Works
The course is broken down into 5 chapters.
Chapter 1: Identifying Cutlery & Setting the Table
Dining 2: Dining Do’s and Dining Don’t Ever Do That Again
Dining 3: Asian Dining & Chopsticks
Dining 4: Dinner Parties and Home Entertaining
Dining 5: Business Entertaining
Each chapter consists of:
Your Video Lesson
You need to achieve 75% or above before you can move onto the next chapter.
In your final Exam you will also need to achieve 75% in order to pass the course and receive your super-cool certificate.
So there it is, the long and the short of it.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 7
- Duration 4-5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 13
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes